Friday, October 12, 2007

FHL Hispanic Conference and Roots Television

Thanks to some faithful and diligent genealogy / family history enthusiasts out there I have some good news to report. About two weeks ago my email contact information was posted in a mailing list. The message said that if there was enough interest I might be able to find a way to get the Hispanic family history conference to more people than just those that are able to attend in Salt Lake City.

I was inundated with emails (nearly 50), which would make up at least 1/4 to 1/3 of the number that will most likely attend in person. I made some phone calls and sent out some emails, and about a week ago I was contacted by LDS Public Affairs asking for my permission to let Roots Television to tape one (maybe more) of my classes. I only had one request, that the classes be made available via the internet, not just television. Today I just learned that the taped classes will be posted online for all to use. I hope that you all pass the word along, because the more interest Roots Television sees in Hispanic genealogy could very easily influence them to gather and/or produce more classes on the subject.

Thanks everyone that made this wish come true...I hope that you all benefit from the conference regardless whether you can attend the conference in person or not.

No comments: