Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Conference Announcement - Hispanic Research

The Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy has asked me to be a coordinator for the Hispanic: Discovering your Ancestors in Spain and Latin America course. What does this that mean? For me it's a dream...finally I can attend a week long conference focused on Hispanic genealogy.

What you can expect:
  • 20 Classes taught at the Raddison hotel, which is located about 1 block from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. The conference is a week long (January 12th-January 16th 2009)
  • Classes taught by instructors such as: Dr. George R. Ryskamp, AG (author of Finding Your Hispanic Roots, and Finding Your Mexican Ancestors) and Peggy Ryskamp, CG (George's wife - a terrific Hispanic genealogy researcher as well). I'll be teaching a few, and will also be asking a few others to contribute.
  • There will be 4 classes every day, which gives you ample time in the evening to practice newly learned principles, resources, and methodologies. The library closes at 9pm.
  • I'm also trying to set-up some one-on-one time with professionals that can help you with your research.
If you are interested you can email me with any questions (lynnturner428@gmail.com), or leave a question using the comments section of the blog. If you have any classes you would like to see taught, please let me know. The classes will be taught in English, and will not be made available via the Web. For registration details please visit the Utah Genealogical Association website.

1 comment:

Katuska said...

I have considered attending this upcoming conference, but could you tell me what topics will be covered for latin american research. I often find most classes are focused on Mexico or are so broad (trying to cover all of latin america) that they are not helpful at all.
Thanks,
Katuska